The Molecular and Cellular Biology Core provides services, reagents and training for all aspects of molecular biology and cell culture. Services include DNA sequencing, real-time PCR, genotyping, robotic RNA and DNA purification, monkey-specific cDNAs, and customized media and buffers for cell culture. The core also produces lentiviral vectors for cDNA and shRNA delivery. Core personnel assist researchers in maintaining and storing cell lines. The core makes available state-of-the-art equipment, including a 969capillary DNA sequencer, realtime qRT-PCR platforms, and fluorometers for cell-based kinetic analyses..
"The Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System offers maximum performance in the minimum time. Fully optimized for Fast cycling, the 7500 Fast delivers high-quality results in as little as 30 minutes.
* Specially designed Fast block ensures thermal uniformity at top speeds
* Faster ramp rates enable rapid results without compromising extension times or assay quality
* Fast optical plates ensure excellent precision in 10-30 uL reaction volumes
* Use TaqMan Fast Universal PCR Master Mix to run multiple Fast assays on one plate
* Finish more runs per day with the excellent performance equivalent to that offered by the 7500 System"
"FlexStation® 3 Benchtop Multi-Mode Microplate Reader combines Molecular Devices’ SpectraMax® M5e Multi-Mode Microplate Reader performance with an integrated 8- or 16-channel pipettor into one compact benchtop reader. The FlexStation 3 Microplate Reader high-efficiency monochromator optics are tunable for absorbance, fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, and time-resolved fluorescence assays. It also has a dedicated photomultiplier tube for luminescence assays."
"The SpectraMax® M5 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader delivers single mode reader performance in one multimode reader package. The dual monochromator optics allow the widest range of applications to be utilized for bioresearch and drug discovery applications, all without the need to change filters."
Fully automated procedure for minipreps, small scale RNA preps, mouse tail DNA preps and small scale genomic DNA preps.
- DNA sequencing is performed on a 96-capillary ABI3700XL. Combined with a robotic pipetting station, this allows the core to offer extremely high quality, low cost sequencing.
- Special pricing available for high volume or user reaction setup.
- We gladly assist in helping with DNA preparation protocols and data analysis
- We specialize in working with scientists to optimize protocols for hard to sequence regions.
- Quality and satisfaction guaranteed and DNA will be re-sequenced at no cost if quality is not acceptable
Transduction of cell lines and cell sorting based on fluorescent protein expression.
- ABI7900HT allows choice of 96- and 384-well plates Taqman Array Cards.
- The ABI7900HT allows low cost genotyping when number of SNPs to be analyzed is not cost effective for the Illumina platform.
- New - Low Density Taqman Arrays on the ABI7900HT.
- New - SNP and Polymorphism analysis on large sample sets with full statistical analysis and quality analysis of SNPS and mutations.
- Custom cDNA cloning
- The core provides custom monkey cDNAs as needed for expression constructs and in situ hybridization.
- DNA preparation
- Core personnel will provide large scale DNA plasmid preps.
- Technical support and training.